Obstetric Ultrasound Foundation Course
2nd Dec 2021
Chaired by Professor Christoph Lees, this one-day comprehensive foundation course is ideal for O&G trainees, specialist midwife sonographers, and anyone starting their scanning career and working towards their RCOG qualification.
It will cover the theoretical elements of the two compulsory RCOG Basic Ultrasound Modules via a series of lectures from the experienced and highly qualified obstetrics team at QCCH and St Mary’s Hospital, London. It will also give a useful introduction to the intermediate modules.
Theory day: Thursday 2nd December 2021, only: £125. (Trainees based at either QCCH or St Mary’s, London may register at special internal rates of £100)
The day’s programme will cover the following topics, speakers will be announced shortly and updated on this page:
- Introduction: What you are going to learn and why?
- What the RCOG modules require
- How ultrasound works and safety
- Databases, documentation and communication
- Setting up the machine for scanning: TV and TA ultrasound; knobs, functions and probes
- Scanning the normal early intra-uterine pregnancy up to 12 weeks, measuring embryonic structures and CRL
- Diagnosing miscarriage
- Presentation of Case Studies
- Biometry, amniotic fluid and the placenta
- The Anomaly Scan: FASP criteria
- Multiple pregnancies: what to look out for,
- Fetal growth and assessment in the 3rd trimester
*All topics and speakers are subject to change